Overall Position Purpose:
This position exists to coordinate elements of the planning and execution of internal and external meetings and events under the general guidance of the Manager, Meetings & Events.
• Assist in the logistics planning and execution for internal and external company meetings/events
including, but not limited to:
1. Organizational Governance (Board of Director, Council, and Committee meetings)
2. Cross-Division (Department) Programmatic Initiatives (Item Development Workshops, Item
Writer Training Events, Regional Item Writer/Trainings, Compliance meetings);
• Arrange the procurement of contracts associated with meetings/events and help to monitor that
contractual obligations are met/upheld for all meeting/events;
• Assist in compiling financial data, drafting of financial reports and the development of the annual
budget(s) to support meetings/events;
• Collaborate in the development and reporting of post-meeting event reports;
• Coordinate the development and dissemination of meeting/event communication to internal and
• Facilitate the ordering, coordinating, and managing of materials for meetings and events;
• Serve as a resource to staff, volunteers and vendors in support of meeting/event activities;
• Serve as on-site support for select meetings/events and occasionally serve as lead for on-site and local
• Maintain and update internal and external website content pertaining to meetings and events;
• Perform thorough, independent research regarding meetings and events as needed; and
• Maintain processes/procedures as required for organizational ANSI accreditation.
• Bachelor’s Degree, certification or equivalent required in related field and
• Minimum of two years of related experience in an office environment, preferably in meetings and
Required Qualifications/ Skills
• Moderate knowledge of meeting/events planning.
• Exceptional project management knowledge, organizational skills and the ability to multi-task,
prioritize, and change course as required.
• Ability to conduct research, analysis, and prepare data reports.
• Demonstrated skill in writing concise, logical and grammatically correct letters and reports.
• Strong collaboration and communications skills.
• Basic understanding of budgeting principles and expenditure tracking.
• Consistent attention to detail and follow-through skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively, efficiently, and professionally with
individuals at all levels of the organization as well as external contacts.
• Ability to maintain professional demeanor under demanding conditions.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Database knowledge preferred.
• Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
• Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented. Building strong working
relationships and a positive work environment. Consider the thought and opinions of others.
• Ethical/Integrity -employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and
other stakeholders. Lead by example.
• Committed to:
o Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety
o Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do
o Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care and vigilance to get the job done right
o Continuous Learning
• Have a Positive “Can-do” Attitude- being ready, available and willing to get the job done and done well
• Works under direct supervision with well-defined job objectives.
• Makes decisions of moderate complexity regarding work design, projects, etc., which often impact the
next organizational layer.
• Work projects and products are subject to management review for content, quality and appropriateness.
• Incumbent has no formal supervisory responsibility, though they may provide oversight to other
The incumbent will work at a desk in an office environment. Some travel and evening and weekend work will be required. There are minimal requirements to lift or move equipment.
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities of the position. It is not all-inclusive and an incumbent in the position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.