Overall Position Purpose:
This position exists to ensure that the Assessment Division, and ultimately Inteleos, meets organizational goals by defining, managing, and delivering cross-divisional projects; overseeing the division’s most complex, mission-critical projects; and maintaining the division’s master schedule of test development activities.
• Oversee the Division-wide projects, including business analysis, requirements, quality assurance and
• Proactively manage cross-divisional projects and workflows to assure timely and accurate
implementation of crucial test development activities utilizing collaborative and consensus-building
• Develop, implement, and maintain master schedule of cross-divisional test development processes (job
task analysis studies, standard setting exercises, practice exams, etc.);
• Coordinate activities with staff, vendors, and contractors as needed to ensure success in individual
projects and across the Assessment Division project portfolio;
• Coordinate periodic review of Assessment Division policies and procedures to assure that they are kept
up-to-date and reflective of Divisional processes;
• Improve Divisional operations by conducting system analysis, recommending changes in policies and
procedures as needed;
• Working with the Inteleos Compliance and Quality Assurance Department, coordinate the audit
schedule and auditing process for inter-divisional audits;
• Create and implement metrics for Division projects and activities and report on those metrics on an
• Assist the Chief Assessment Officer and Department Directors in the implementation of Division
• Assist the Chief Assessment Officer and Department Directors in forecasting, determining and setting
budget allocations required to meet Divisional strategic objectives;
• Keep project management knowledge and skills up-to-date by maintaining an awareness of the latest
tools and techniques within the field;
• Assist in fostering a team-oriented environment by maintaining close working relationships with
Assessment Division staff: and
• Maintain and follow ANSI processes/procedures as required for organizational accreditation.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Project Management, Business Information Systems,
Education/Assessment or a related field desired;
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or ability to obtain within one year; and
• Minimum of three years’ experience in project management of projects involving personnel both
internal and external to the organization.
• PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) or Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP) certification; and
• Minimum one year of experience working in an education- or assessment-related organization desired.
• Deep understanding of project management
• Demonstrated skill in writing concise, logical and grammatically correct letters and reports
• Collaborative attitude – ability to work on a team and contribute to its success
• Organizational skills – ability to work on multiple projects and tasks
• Attention to detail – ability to focus on the important parts of a project
• Interpersonal skills – ability to interact effectively, efficiently, and professionally with individuals at all
levels of the organization
• Leadership skills – ability to lead others by influence and example
• Flexibility – being comfortable with ambiguity and change
• Ability to maintain positive attitude under stressful conditions
• Knowledge of various project management tools, including Atlassian Structure desired
• General knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
• Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented. Building strong working
relationships and a positive work environment. Consider the thought and opinions of others.
• Ethical/Integrity -employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and
other stakeholders. Lead by example.
• Committed to:
o Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety
o Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do
o Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care and vigilance to get the job done right
o Continuous Learning
• Have a Positive “Can-do” Attitude- being ready, available and willing to get the job done and done well.
• Works under general supervision with broadly defined work objectives.
• Makes decisions of some complexity regarding work design, projects, etc. which regularly impact the
next organizational layer and may impact an organizational function.
• Work projects and products are subject to management review for content, quality and appropriateness.
• Incumbent may have some formal supervisory responsibility or provide regular work direction and/or
technical oversight to others.
The incumbent will work primarily at a desk in an office environment. Some travel may be required. There are minimal requirements to lift or move equipment. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities of the position. It is not all-inclusive and an incumbent in the position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.